Highlighted

Is there a way to show the time(Current playing time / Total time) to connect to the seekbar on each slide?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

참고-이미지.jpg

Hello. I am looking into Captivate to create e-Learning content that includes interaction. Please help me.

I am sorry that I am not good at English. So I have attached a picture to help you understand.

I want to know a few things. It's good to use the existing features, and it's okay to create a new one.

1. Can I move from slide to slide on 'INDEX' menu?

2. Is there a way to show the time(Current playing time / Total time) to connect to the seekbar on each slide?

This is important because students need to know content's time.

3. If student clicks on the icon to the left of the volume control, subtitles should be shown on the screen. Also, click the icon again and the subtitles should disappear.

Is there a way to apply this feature?

4. Can I mark the page and flip the slide through the buttons?

5. Lastly, I know Captivate supports playback, stop, rewind, and volume control, right?

Please give me a detailed answer. Thank you for reading it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to show the time(Current playing time / Total time) to connect to the seekbar on each slide?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

참고-이미지.jpg

Hello. I am looking into Captivate to create e-Learning content that includes interaction. Please help me.

I am sorry that I am not good at English. So I have attached a picture to help you understand.

I want to know a few things. It's good to use the existing features, and it's okay to create a new one.

1. Can I move from slide to slide on 'INDEX' menu?

2. Is there a way to show the time(Current playing time / Total time) to connect to the seekbar on each slide?

This is important because students need to know content's time.

3. If student clicks on the icon to the left of the volume control, subtitles should be shown on the screen. Also, click the icon again and the subtitles should disappear.

Is there a way to apply this feature?

4. Can I mark the page and flip the slide through the buttons?

5. Lastly, I know Captivate supports playback, stop, rewind, and volume control, right?

Please give me a detailed answer. Thank you for reading it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure to understand everything,, will only answer what I understand.

Why did you create an Index part, instead of using the built in TOC? You can have it in overlay, it will allow navigatio to slides and shows the already visited slides, the total duration and the duration already visited. Lot of your questios would be answered. Watch this movie, when clicking top left on the double arrow you'll see the TOC:

Captivate's TImeline

The progress bar on the playbar (what you labeled as seekbar) can be used to scrub the course.

If you want total control, you have to leave the default playbars (they only are confusing if the course has branching) and create custom buttons. That is totally feasible, and you can also show the time in that case. Read :

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

Display Time information - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 0