Highlighted

is there any way to reduce the html5 output size of captivate projects(responsive )

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  

I created a responsive project  for my students and add my audio of description to the slides one by one . but the size of the published html5 output in zip format in my desktop is 25 MB . is there any way to reduce the size . i will put it on the lms

I am beginner into the world of e-learning and captivate But  I have to do my best to do such projects to teach my students these quarantine days  

so thank you for your guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

is there any way to reduce the html5 output size of captivate projects(responsive )

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  

I created a responsive project  for my students and add my audio of description to the slides one by one . but the size of the published html5 output in zip format in my desktop is 25 MB . is there any way to reduce the size . i will put it on the lms

I am beginner into the world of e-learning and captivate But  I have to do my best to do such projects to teach my students these quarantine days  

so thank you for your guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio files tend to be big. Try first of all to reduce them: no stereo, lower settings. You can use the Adobe Media Encoder to do so, it is packaged with Captivate.

For graphics  whenever possible use SVG over bitmap graphics, they tend to have smaller file size since they are vector based. If you need to use bitmap graphics, resize them in a graphics application to exactly the size needed in Captivate. Do not resize in Captivate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0