Highlighted

Issue – Captivate isn't recording typing during software simulation

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently unistall and install again Captivate and since then I haven't been able to record any typing action during the software simulation.

I already checked settings/permissions both in Captivate and Mac, everything looks fine.

Is there any other place I should check to find the problem?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

I know from experience of you attempt to record from your secondary display many items such as typing test and click boxes won't be captured.  Move the window you're trying to record to your primary monitor and see if that helps. 

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue – Captivate isn't recording typing during software simulation

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently unistall and install again Captivate and since then I haven't been able to record any typing action during the software simulation.

I already checked settings/permissions both in Captivate and Mac, everything looks fine.

Is there any other place I should check to find the problem?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

I know from experience of you attempt to record from your secondary display many items such as typing test and click boxes won't be captured.  Move the window you're trying to record to your primary monitor and see if that helps. 

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://www.youtube.com/paulwilsonlearning

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
VG7 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty weird it used to work before uninstalling, but what you suggested actually worked!

I was recording oh my secondary monitor.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0