Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue in Captivate quiz slide while using a pop-up over the question slide

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on a project using Captivate 2019. This project has an assessement question in-between it. These question slides are created using the default MCQ master slide in the Captivate tool. In these question slides, I need to include an instruction button which should pop-up a screen with instruction content. Using advanced action script, I have achieved this pop-up fuctionality but the problem is that instruction pop-up is appearing under the question content (stem and choices). How do I move these question content under the pop-up?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Altrin

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Was that due to my last suggestion about having the popups on the slide before the quiz slides?

Here is the link to my personal blog, where I added some more ideas:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/popups-on-quiz-slides

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have edited your question because the term 'template' in Captivate points to a cptl file. You are talking about the quizzing master slides for MCQ... which is part of the theme. Do not want to confuse other users.

Design of quiz slides is indeed that all embedded objects will be on top of the stack (z-order) I have posted a workaround quite a while ago, but need to check if it is still fully functional for HTML5 output and the most recent version. If that is the case, will create a short blog and post the URL here. Which exact version are you using (see Help, About Captivate) and on which OS? I will be using 11.5.1.499. Is the popup always the same, or do you need a specific content in the popup depending on the question slide? That is important, although I may write out for both situations.

Hope you talk about a non-responsive project, not about a Fluid Boxes project, where stacking is impossible in normal Fluid Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for your prompt response. Please find the answers below to your questions.

Captivate Version: Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499)
Project Type: Yes, I'm taking about non-responsive project.

Looking forward for your solution for sorting out this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the same Captivate version on Win10. Have a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/12/quiz-tweak-8-popups-quiz-slides/

Will post the same blog on my personal blog today, supplemented with some more ideas. Hope the step-by-step workflow will help you.

Reason for the title is that I have already posted multiple blogs about Quizzing and Quiz tweaks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this step-by-step workflow blog.

I will work it out in my file and let you know if I face any other issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, go ahead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I couldn't find the ‘Place object on top’ option in Captivate tool. Can you please advise where could I find this option? Is it possible for you to share the source Captivate file for the output in your blog? Thanks for all your support.

Regards,

Altrin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit astonished, because Timing and Timeline seem to be not very well understood. I didn't think you were a newbie, because that is my first topic in any basic training:

ObjectTop.PNG

As a consultant/trainer I offer a lot for free on my blog and by answering questions everywhere. You cannot expect me to include source files, that is limited to my clients. Please understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this ‘Place object on top’ option but it didn't work (pop-up still overlaps with the quiz content). So that, I have created a quick sample file with dummy content and a smartshape as a pop-up. Can you please check this sample file in the link below and let me know where I went wrong. This will be much helpful. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x6LANI6cCiZtMYIwjoobW5-xVcxOpJ9K?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't download files for security reasons.

Did you put the popup object on the slide BEFORE the firs tquiz slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been solved. Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that due to my last suggestion about having the popups on the slide before the quiz slides?

Here is the link to my personal blog, where I added some more ideas:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/popups-on-quiz-slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeap, thanks for the blog link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources