Highlighted

Issue in FMR slides on rescaling the project

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 for screen capture. In some screens, the software records the actions as an FMR slide. When I publish the file (in the recorded size) it runs fine. But when I rescale the project from Modify--> Rescale Project as per my requirement, the recorded FMR slides shrink width-wise.

Do you have any idea why my software is behaving like this? Is it a software bug, or is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue in FMR slides on rescaling the project

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 for screen capture. In some screens, the software records the actions as an FMR slide. When I publish the file (in the recorded size) it runs fine. But when I rescale the project from Modify--> Rescale Project as per my requirement, the recorded FMR slides shrink width-wise.

Do you have any idea why my software is behaving like this? Is it a software bug, or is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice is to record your simulations at the size you need in the first place. I know this isn't what you want to hear but you'll get better results. I also try to avoid FMR as well. For example use page down rather than scrolling.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a same issue. I recorded the simulations with 600px height but client wants more blank space in height to add CC, copyright text, and other information. So I rescale the project from 600px to 630px, because If I select 630px height in the initial stage, the recording screens acquire the complete slide edge to edge and then I don't have enough space to add these information. 

And rescaling the project disturbs the FMR slides.

Please suggest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've indicated, resizing projects with FMR can be problematic. I've never had success in resizing simulations. I do also try to replace an FMR with static screenshots instead of full-motion simulations. They're just easier to work with under the circumstances you describe. Remember this is just a user forum. If you are unsatisfied with my answer I suggest you reach out to support at Adobe and perhaps they have a workaround for this situation.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old post, but users confirm that it is still a functional solution:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-and-use-a-knockout-master-slide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0