Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue viewing Captivate 360 image after publishing the project to local drive

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m working on a project that includes 360 image interactivity in a responsive project. The issue that I’m facing is, when I preview the 360 slide within Captivate, it’s working fine. However, when I view the slide after publishing from my local drive, it shows a blank screen – No background 360 image, but I could see the text and move around in the interface. Also I’m able to play the audio in the 360 slide. We are planning to provide the project in USB sticks to the learners. Hence, I want the 360 image working without internet connection or webserver.

Question:

Does the 360 project require a webserver to play the content?

Is there any way I could get the 360 playing in the USB stick (pen drive)?

Attched the 360 captivate sample here.

Thanks in advance.

Getty

TOPICS
Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

360 slides always mean HTML output and indeed, the best way (and sometimes the only way) to view the result is to publish and upload to a webserver (or LMS if it is a SCO).

I didn't see any attachment, maybe this type is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.  Was really wanting to just give the client the files and have them run it offline.

If anyone is desperate I've found one solution so far, but it's kinda horrible. You need to set up a webserver on the PC.

On Windows 10, if you go to "Control Panel" - and then "Turn Windows features on or off", then scroll down to "Internet Information Services" click on the box beside it and hit OK, that will install the needed features.

You now have a localhost that runs in your webbrowser.

A new folder is created on your C drive called "inetpub" if you go into that and then into "wwwroot"  this is the default folder. If you paste a folder with your project in it here then you can run it by just loaded a webbrowser and typing "localhost/foldername" into the URL and it should auto load your index.html file.

I'm not looking forward to getting a client to do this, so I'll do an update if I find a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are more ways to set up a webserver, which I mentioned was needed in this case.

However for most developers it is much easier to use an existing webserver where you can upload for free. Some possibilities:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources