Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with advanced actions in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a problem with the advanced actions in Captivate 2017 and Windows 10. I'm triyng to duplicate an action but deleting a tab, but when a return to this new action saved, the content is blank. I have read an answer about this item, but deleting the preferences on the workspace folder is not working for me.

Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a Preview of that action, please?

Are you sure not to have names used for two different items: can be objects, decisions, actions, variables. That is the reason I once had a problem when creating an action: because a name was not unique. I presume what you label as 'tab' is a decision? Terminology is always a problem understanding questions. Have a look at this blog post describing all buttons, features and terms in the Advanced Actions dialog box of CP2017:

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri. Thanks for the answer.

I want to duplicate this action, but without the decision Continuar. I think that was not a problem in the previous versions of Captivate. I could have the action Duplicate_Slide_43... but with only the first decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you are not familiar yet with the upgraded functionality of the advanced actions in CP2017 (hence my previous link). I understand now why this will cause issues. The first decision 'Mostrar opcion' is a standard action. In previous versions you needed to use a conditional action with the condition 'If 1 is equal to 1'. That is no longer the case in CP2017.  You have to create that first decision as a standard action, by unchecking the checkbox 'Ficha condicional'. The first part (IF....) will then disappear. I suspect the second decision is really conditional. The reason why I asked to see a Preview (look at the blog link) is that you can see the complete action, not just one part. 

I recommend to check that blog post. Then recreate the action, with the first decision set up like I described above. Try to duplicate that action, you will probably not have any issues.

From what I see in the action, you could save a lot of time if you took some training about advanced/shared actions  I don't understand your native tongue very well, but see that grouping would have saved you many lines of commands as well.

It looks like a show/hide dashboard, with variables and probably a conditional action that will show a Next button. I recently posted two possible workflows for such a situation, both created in CP2017. In English but maybe could be useful:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/07/force-clicking-hotspots-comparison-2-workflows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources