• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with attaching files to Captivate (2019)

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I'm experiencing an unusual issue with linking an image to a pdf. I follow the standard process of: adding an image, selecting Use as Button, then in the Actions tab I select Open URL or file, finally select the file from my desktop.  Captivate doesn't seem to save that file into my library and when I publish the project I see this error: 

Cannot GET /preview/HTML5Temp193808365250Publish/CommonlyUsedBoolean.pdf
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files called by Captivate will never be in the Library. When publishing you'll be asked to add them to the callees folder in the published folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Lilybiri,

Ok, so it should sit in the Published folder, but sadly it doesn't. I've described my steps in the original post, am I making any mistakes? How can I attach that pdf file? (it's a large project and this is the ONLY thing that is stopping me from sharing with my SMEs - one little error, which is very frustrating).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add it to the Callees folder? 

Or you could upload it to a webserver and add the URL to the pdf. Sometimes I have done that in a several blog posts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved the file to my desktop and that seems to have 'sorted' it. I'm still confused about the Callees folder. When I publish for SCORM, the file is already in a zipped format and the contents attached. Are you suggesting that I unzip that file, add the pdf to Callees folder and then zip again (before adding to the LMS)?

Also, as my latest attempt to add from 'desktop' was successful, I see the attached file in a slightly different location. In my example (attached), the Callees folder is still empty and my pdf is attached to the main folder. Could you explain for future reference, how to best add files (to that Callees folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be already in the fold indeed.  It is not consistent, sometimes it needs to be in the Callees, but in the most recent versions Captivate often has been doing the work for you, at least if the path in the URL just points to the pdf.

Having it on your desktop will work for you, but you need to test it from another system as a different user.  I'm sorry not to offer you a 'best way'. Try first to test after publishing from another system. If it is in the published folder, should be OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources