Highlighted

Issue with drag and drop in Captivate 2017 (10.0.1.285)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have created D&D activity. The requirement is that users should be able to move their choices around from one location to another prior to hitting the submit button. I selected Replace option in Accepted Drag Sources. When we checked in HTML output it is observed that the drag object becomes invisible after certain instances of replacing when dropped on target. So for time being I have kept Go Back option.

I have used custom Submit button. It has 2 attempts. It has 2 different incorrect feedbacks. For that I created 2 slides. On first incorrect Reset button appears. On clicking Reset button (custom button) user jumps to next slide. On incorrect attepmt it displays another incorrect feedback. I have duplicated the slide before implementing D&D functionality.  

Can you please let me know what could be the problem. 

clipboard_image_0.png 

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks in Advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with drag and drop in Captivate 2017 (10.0.1.285)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have created D&D activity. The requirement is that users should be able to move their choices around from one location to another prior to hitting the submit button. I selected Replace option in Accepted Drag Sources. When we checked in HTML output it is observed that the drag object becomes invisible after certain instances of replacing when dropped on target. So for time being I have kept Go Back option.

I have used custom Submit button. It has 2 attempts. It has 2 different incorrect feedbacks. For that I created 2 slides. On first incorrect Reset button appears. On clicking Reset button (custom button) user jumps to next slide. On incorrect attepmt it displays another incorrect feedback. I have duplicated the slide before implementing D&D functionality.  

Can you please let me know what could be the problem. 

clipboard_image_0.png 

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks in Advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to going invisible...

Can you verify that all of your drag sources are objects at a higher level than the drop targets?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for prompt response. Yes the drag objects are on top. Is there any way I can share source file? One more thing I would like to add is that the object which disappears comes back to its original position and is visible after dropping another drag object.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

You should try these options :

- On accepted drag source, select "Replace"

- On the options , select "Redrag the dropped source"

And for your feedbacks, I advise you to create them on the same slide. (You can use a TEB - or a smartshape - with 3 multiple shapes, normal one is empty (and invisible so), one for good, and 2 for wrong, with your incorrect feedbacks. And your trigger the changes of the shapes on the action on the "accepted drag source" panel, or/and with the submit button).

Happy Captivating !...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for quick response. I tried with "Redrag the dropped source" but same problem mentioned above. I have done many modifications. The submit will not enable unless activity is attempted. For correct drop the value of variable is set to 1 and 2 for incorrect. For 2 different incorrect feedback I chose to split the activity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum... Not so easy to help you without the sources... And the only way to share it with us is in the https://elearning.adobe.com/blogs/... But it takes time before it appears. Try to share here more screenshots of your D&D slides, so we can understand clearly what you want ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My activity is working fine with current settings which is Go Back. But as mentioned earlier if I keep Replace the drag object disappears on dropping after certain replacements. It becomes visible after replacing with another drag object. I am going to create the whole activity again to check if it is happening again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have the snap behavior set to back?

clipboard_image_0.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The thing is it works fine for some time and suddenly disappears. I have total 3 drop and 3 drag objects. It happens with any one of the 3 drop targets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is linked with the timeline ? Check your objects are scheduled to display during all the slide...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Thank you very much for your support. I created the activity again from scratch and it is working fine now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 1
Dirlo LATEST
Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great !... Thanks for this last report !... Happy captivating !...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0