Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Quiz completion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have two issues with my course I have written and being very inexperienced with Captivate I am struggling to resolve it.

My ELearning course has three lots of questions at various stages to refresh what we have covered at certain points. At the very end of the course I have a final random quiz covering all topics that they have a set pass mark which we use for bench marking to see if they need further training. If they don't pass they have to retake (which is set for three attempts).

When they complete the final quiz and reach the pass mark first time the course is marked as complete on our LMS  and they can print the certificate.

First issue. If they do not compete the pass mark and select retake test, instead of just taking them back to the beginning of the final quiz it will take them to the start of the first lot of questions then it will take them from that point back through the project to the end.

Second issue once they have completed the retake (from the first set of questions) the course will not show as completed on our LMS. and if you go back in to it  the course opens back on the final  page.

Our LMS provider has advised it is a course content issue and not a LMS issue. I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

I have only use the basic built in actions I have not written any scripts for it as I have already said this sis all new to me and I have very little knowledge.

I am using Captivate 10

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Have a look at my blog post:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

It explains all the differences between KC and normal quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 10.0.1.285?

Did you insert the questios before the final quiz as Knowledge Check Questions?

Do you have at least one slide after the Results slide?

Can you try i SCORM Cloud to check if the problem with the LMS is indeed due to Captivate or if it is due to the LMS. All LMS vendors try to persuade users that the bug is due to the tool, but in many cases that is not the case. Testing in SCORM Cloud is the best way to figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for this,

no I haven't used knowledge check  I will change all the question slides to these except my final quiz hopefully this will help

If I use the knowledge check how do I add the correct or incorrect labels as just tried and I only have try again and you must answer the question

I do have a slide after the results slide it gives all the instructions as what to do once you have competed ie print your certificate contact us with your score etc..

When I test in I SCORM Cloud I struggle to replicate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at my blog post:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

It explains all the differences between KC and normal quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, you have been a real help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources