Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Rollover Image object

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to captivate, so please bare with me if this is a simple problem that I am overlooking the solution to.

I am currently working on a project that involves the use of the Rollover Image object.  For the majority of the rollover areas, I am not experiencing any issue, and they behave as expected.  The image appears when the mouse enters the rollover area, and disappears when the mouse exits the rollover area.

However, when I attempt to rotate the rollover area it seems to cause issues.  When the rollover area is angled/rotated in any way, the image lingers on the screen for some reason.  The image appears when the mouse enters the rollover area, but when the mouse exits the rollover area, the image remains on the screen.  The image will remain on the screen until the user enters a different rollover area, or the user "rolls over" the image itself.  Furthermore, the image remains on the screen even after moving to a different slide and revisiting the rollover slide.  I have no idea as to what may be causing this.  Any response is welcome and appreciated.  Thank you!

Ryan G.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot recall anyone ever trying to set up an interaction where the rollover hit area was rotated.  You may have discovered a bug in Captivate that nobody else has stumbled across.  I suggest you report it to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply RodWard.  Also, I would like to thank you for all of the helpful content that you produce regarding Adobe Captivate.  How would I report this presumed bug to Adobe?  Would it be through their website, or through Captivate itself?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe provides a bug reporting form here: Adobe Captivate

You could be forgiven for not knowing where to find it, but it does appear on the Captivate Community page that you can reach from within Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources