Highlighted

Issue with viewing published content

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Captivate 2019 and publishing in HTML5 format. When I preview the output, everything looks great.  However, when I upload the published file to our server and try to access via browser, I just get a spinning icon.  This only happens about half the time, even though the settings for the files that are working correctly appear to be identical.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with viewing published content

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Captivate 2019 and publishing in HTML5 format. When I preview the output, everything looks great.  However, when I upload the published file to our server and try to access via browser, I just get a spinning icon.  This only happens about half the time, even though the settings for the files that are working correctly appear to be identical.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the most recent version, which is 11.0.1.266?

Check if the webserver supports JSON mimetype.

Is this a responsive or non-responsive project? For the non-responsive project you have to know that the only preview mimicking HTML5 output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. Is that preview working properly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to be sure that is not the issue, but I don't think it is, since some of the files are working and other's aren't. 

These are non-responsive projects.  When I preview, they look fine.  When I publish and view locally, they look fine.  It's only when moving to the server that they are not working. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again after updating Captivate, but still no luck. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating: did you preview with F11, Preview HTML in Browser? All other preview methods do use a temporary SWF output and are not repesentative for HTML output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both F11 and Preview HTML in Browser are showing correctly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are the same, F11 is just a shortcut key. This means the rroblem is with the server. Did you check support for JSON?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Thanks!

Yes, JSON is supported, and other files of the same type are working on the server. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried more than one browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same spinning on all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must be different between those projects not showing and the normal ones. Do you use other types of assets: images, video, audio....?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather,

The only way you're going to be able to resolve the issue is to try uploading the same content to another server that we KNOW has JSON enabled.

If this is SCORM output, can you try uploading the same zip files to SCORM Cloud to check if they work there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, everyone, for the ideas!  It turned out to be a server issue and has been resolved.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0