Exit

Issues about SCORM - Captivate / Saba / Internet Explorer

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I really need help.

I've tried and tried and tried a lot of possibilies for publishing SCORM from Captivate to SABA LMS Plateform.

I have found a way to publish a CPTX compatible with SABA when the navigator used is CHROME or EDGE. The completion mark is ok.

The problem is that my Company is using Internet Explorer by default. In that case, my SCORM don't open in SABA platform. It runs without being able to be opened

SABA told me that it is either an issue about the way I publish it (please find enclosed the way we do it in HTML5, I also tried a tip find in another post just in case : 

"Try publishing to SCORM 2004 and set the option in Quiz > Reporting > LMS Advanced dialog > Set Exit to Normal After Competion.  Select that checkbox and republish before testing again in SABA" )

My version of captivate is the newest one, uploaded today.

I also join extract from an email from SABA, just in case

I precise that our CPTX were done with older versions of Captivate and rearrange in the lastest version (we modify some screens, which were too old for the newest version of Captivate).

Many thanks for your help,

Laëtitia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your issue is only with Internet Explorer web browser, and the problem is that nothing is being seen when viewed from the LMS then I may have a suggestion for you.  I also recently ran into a similar situation with a government client who uses IE 11 as their preferred web browser. 

The HTML5 content I created for them worked flawlessly in other browsers but not in IE.  We went back and forth with the LMS provider insisting that the issue was the Captivate output, and me telling them it could not be Captivate's fault because the same SCORM's worked perfectly in IE11 when delivered from SCORM Cloud.

Finally the LMS people told us that their error logs were saying the server was not displaying the Captivate output because there was (according to the LMS) a file missing.  They referred me to an older post from the Captivate forum that mentioned the issue here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Captivate/Captivate-8-requests-quot-cp-n-m-quot-file/td-p/6487888

The issue is a bit of a "furphy" because the LMS is insisting it needs to see a file called _cp_n_m_ in the Captivate output because this 'file' is referenced in the JavaScript code.  In actual fact the reference to _cp_n_m_ in the code is not calling a file but rather it's calling a function in the code.  The LMS is reading this function call and mistaking it for a call to fetch a specific file getting of that name, and then steadfastly refusing to cooperate when it cannot find the file.   The fault is really with the LMS, not the Captivate output.  But whatever...

The 'fix' (for this particular issue) is relatively simple.  You just have to create a file in Notepad (or any other text editor) and call it _cp_n_m_ (without any file ending) and toss it into the SCORM zip file at the same level as the imsmanifest.xml and index.html files.  This keeps the LMS happy and has zero impact on the output.

Try this and see if it resolves the issue.  But just to prove that you are not going insane, always upload any SCORM you are having issues with to SCORM Cloud and test from there.  If SCORM Cloud has a problem playing the SCO then it must be Captivate's fault (or something you have customised in the content).  But if SCORM Cloud has no issue with the content, even when played from and IE11 browser, THEN you should go after the LMS people and demand to get proof that the issue isn't with their LMS.  99 times out of 100 that's where the issue will actually be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is on my side in Captivate. When I preview the content with HTML5 option in Chrome, it works well. When I review HTML5 with IE11, it is blank and the content couldn't be launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I test it in SCORM Cloud, it is launched well, but the report pointed some errors. Please find enclosed 2 documents. The first ones with screenshots of options from Captivate. The second one, screenshots of Scorm Cloud report. If you could continue to help me, I would be very grateful, because I have one hundred CPTX concerned by this issue. Have a nice day, Laëtitia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the documents in your last couple of posts.  I don't see anything in those settings that would prevent content from appearing in a web browser. 

One of the warnings in the SCORM Cloud document indicates you have duplicate IDs in the manifest file.  I need to see a screenshot of your settings in the Manifest dialog that appears when you click the Configuration button on Quiz Reporting screen.  You may have made the mistake of using the same ID for the Course ID and the SCO ID.

The SCORM Cloud screen captures indicate you were able to achieve completion and pass scores for this module in SCORM Cloud.  But the captures also show you used a Chrome browser to view the content.  Your issue is with content NOT appearing in IE11 is it not?  So, have you tested whether the content will appear at all when delivered from SCORM Cloud when you use IE11, not Chrome or MS Edge?

Unfortunately, I do not speak or read French.  So some of the information in the documents is not much help to me.  It might make more sense to Lilybiri who DOES speak French.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, many thanks for your help. Please find enclosed a view of the manifest (third screen). I modify the SCO ID because you were right, they were the same. I try again after that, and it doesn't work either. In the document enclosed, some screenshots if someone who read french is willing to help me. Thanks to you, I define better the issue. So, please find below some additional information : The initial CPTX was set in 2017, with an old version of Captivate. This CPTX from 2017 works well with Captivate V9 (I check this morning from another computer). We've have done a refresh to the 2017'CPTX directly with Captivate 2019. We modify all the animations which became not compatible. Afterwards, the CPTX can't be previewed as HTML5 in IE11, althought it works well with Chrome (unfortunately, the mandatory browser for us is IE11). Please find enclosed screenshots of the way I did it, and a link to read the SCORM CLOUD Log file ( screenshot avalaible in the document enclosed) : https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/ViewDebugLog?logId=1e2fc2e6-bc37-4278-919c-b511fda5981c&courseTitle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please find enclosed the screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources