• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues sharing an Interactive PDF (Captivate 2017)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to share an interactive PDF with my colleagues. Once I have created the interactive PDF and open it on my computer it works, but when I upload the file to Dropbox, or share via Wetransfer, the file turns into just one blank page, even on my own computer.

Any idea of why this is happening and how I can resolve?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interactive pdf is really a SWF embedded in the pdf. Since quite a number of versions the Flash Player is no longer embedded in Adobe Reader, you have to intall it to be able to veiw an interactive pdf. I have no idea what will happen when the death of Flash Player becomes definite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

That makes sense why other people could not view, but I don't understand why the process of uploading the document or sending the document via wetransfer to myself turns the PDF into a blank page. It should still open on my own computer I would think. I wasn't sure if there is anything I am doing wrong on the publishing side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they and you install the Flash Player plugin for Adobe Reader? Or are you using another pdf viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe reader. The file works fine on my computer. If I send it to myself via we transfer and open the file that way on my computer it is just a blank page. If put it up on Dropbox and then click on the file to view/download it is also just a blank page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the Dropbox, never a good way but not the WeTransfer issue, where you download the pdf. Can you check its size?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is 27 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you create the pdf while publishing to SWF only, not using the publishing both to SWF and HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources