Highlighted

Issues with Captivate 2017 Project published to HTML5

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem publishing to HTML. Works fine on my U.S. Navy NAVDAC Atlantic notebook computer. But when I email the generated "index.html" file to my coworkers ... they do not see the Software Simulation training ... just a blank screen.

We are in a Department of Defense "Secrete environment" so I don't know where or how to publish to a Server. We, of course, have many File Servers and I can create a Directory on any of them, but what files in addition to "index.html" do I need to save to the Server Directory.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with Captivate 2017 Project published to HTML5

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem publishing to HTML. Works fine on my U.S. Navy NAVDAC Atlantic notebook computer. But when I email the generated "index.html" file to my coworkers ... they do not see the Software Simulation training ... just a blank screen.

We are in a Department of Defense "Secrete environment" so I don't know where or how to publish to a Server. We, of course, have many File Servers and I can create a Directory on any of them, but what files in addition to "index.html" do I need to save to the Server Directory.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be a WEBserver, which supports JSON. Not a simple server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

We (Navy NAVFAC) don't have a WEBserver to my knowledge. And I don't know what JSON is.

Jim Puckett

Norfolk VA - Lafayette River Annex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote 'JSON stands for JavaScript Object Notation. JSON is a human and machine readable format to represent data as Structured Data. JSON is used primarily to transfer data from one computer to another or even between different programs on the same computer.

It is used in CP output for images.

I'm sorry, but cannot help you if there is no way to upload to a webserver. Captivate's HTML output is really a website and that needs a webserver. Unless you have a Learning Management System...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just emailing the index.html file to your coworkers will not give them any content because a Captivate HTML5 course contains scores if not hundreds of files.  It's not like PowerPoint where you can just send someone a PPT or PPTS file and they can view what you see.  A Captivate course is like a mini website. The index.html file is just the file that is used to launch the entire presentation.  This is why Lilybiri is saying you need to upload it to a web server or a Learning Management System in order to share it with others. 

If you have published your HTML5 course into a specially created folder on your computer then ALL of the files inside that folder will be required in order for your course to display properly.  But uploading to a simple file server is not going to work because HTML5 needs a web environment.

I would recommend you start asking around to see if the Navy has a Learning Management System.  I'd be surprised if they did not.  You could purchase thousands of them for the cost of one missile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 1