Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with preview and resources library

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I’m fairly new with Captivate,  I just got the software 2 weeks ago, the issue is that sometimes the HTML preview  works and sometimes it won’t (neither other option for preview), I have tried restarting the PC, running windows diagnostics and so on, but I haven’t been able to find the issue. Curiously, when I have this issue, also, I’m not able to load the characters form the resources library, the option stays blank, the only resource available is the “discover” option.

The error message is “Unable to find this web site”

Could not find the IP address on server of http://html5tempxxxxxxxxpre/index.html

The captivate version is 2019 release 11.5.1.499

OS Windows 7SP1

I’m not working in a server environment, local PC (is just an exploration on how the development of content is being carried out)

I thought could be an issue with the OS, but then why sometimes works and sometimes don’t?  I’ve been following several threads on this community, tried with Firefox, Chrome, explorer, deleting all of them, reinstalling, etc.… but nothing has worked so far…

I hope someone can give some light into this issue as I have been working day and night for almost two weeks and I really like what I have seen so far, but at the end I need to choose which software I will use because what is important is productivity.

TOPICS
Download assets , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your Windows settings and find where it allows you to set the Default application for web pages.  Change it from whatever it is now (e.g. Internet Explorer) to something else (e.g. Chrome).  That usually fixes this issue for me.  

However, be warned that since you are on Windows 7 and not Windows 10 there may be other things that do not work as well as they should.  You should also be running Captivate with Run As Administrator privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, I still run present version on one Win7 system, never had any issues. Just meant as information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments...

As an update to the Issue, I updated the flash player on Chrome and Firefox and then the preview issue was fixed (so far as yesterday) and also the issue with the characters on the resourses option worked for a while,  today I started having the same issue again, I checked again the flash player on both Chrome and firefox and it doesnt work....   now Im more confused than before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Preview do you use? If your goal is to publish to HTML5, and you are in a non-responsive project, only the Preview HTML in Browser is close to the final output because the other preview methods will use SWF output (and need Flash Player for that reason). Cannot wait to get rid of all those SWF related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The browser manufacturers are deliberately making it more and more difficult to play SWF content. You may have updated the Flash Player but then that browser will likely force you to re-enable the player each time you restart your computer and open the browser again. The basic message they are giving you is: Forget about using Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources