• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Item what has to be deletet: Displayed but not in timeline - How find this?

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I obviously copied and deleted a lot in a project. Now there is an item that appears to be displayed across the entire application and was originally a variable entered in a text field.
However, this text field can no longer be found. In the first screen in which the item is displayed, you can see it both in the project and in the export. But you can't choose it. It also does not appear in the timeline in the previous screens - so it is not hidden. And it is not part of a foil master.
Unfortunately, I still have to delete it.

The project is still in Captivate 2017.
Does somebody has any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

If it is showing a variable, go to the Variables dialog and look at the Usage of that variable.  That may tell you that the variable is displayed on a particular slide or Master Slide.  That should help to track it down.  My guess would be that it's just currently being hidden by some other object but is timed for Rest of Project so that it seems to show up after it is uncovered.  Look at the slides BEFORE the first one on which it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Did so - look at the timeline all screens before the first appearance - but was unable to find it. To look at the variables would have been a good idea - thank you - but in this case it was a system variable.

At least found a colleague putted it on an master template. Don't know if i am angry about the hours to find this out or the relief that this is solved. 😉

Again: Thank you RodWard! And perhaps someone else can search and find all 3 possible solutions for this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is showing a variable, go to the Variables dialog and look at the Usage of that variable.  That may tell you that the variable is displayed on a particular slide or Master Slide.  That should help to track it down.  My guess would be that it's just currently being hidden by some other object but is timed for Rest of Project so that it seems to show up after it is uncovered.  Look at the slides BEFORE the first one on which it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did so - look at the timeline all screens before the first appearance - but was unable to find it. To look at the variables would have been a good idea - thank you - but in this case it was a system variable.

At least found a colleague putted it on an master template. Don't know if i am angry about the hours to find this out or the relief that this is solved. 😉

Again: Thank you RodWard! And perhaps someone else can search and find all 3 possible solutions for this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources