Highlighted

JavaScript blocked by browser?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a JavaScript to limit the number of decimal places shown after a calculation. When viewed in Capitvate preview, it works without flaw. However, when viewed in a browser or HTML 5 preview, the script doesn't operate.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JavaScript blocked by browser?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a JavaScript to limit the number of decimal places shown after a calculation. When viewed in Capitvate preview, it works without flaw. However, when viewed in a browser or HTML 5 preview, the script doesn't operate.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a non-responsive project the only Preview which will use HTML5 is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. If it is not working in that preview, something is wrong wity the script.  Formatting numbers is one of the situations where I also use JS. Can you post the action you triggered?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
valerama LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using? What are your browser settings like? Any restrictions on running Javascript? Usually there would be an alert box if something is being blocked, but you can use the inspector to see as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group