Highlighted

Javascript -> play timeline issue

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other people are struggling with this one and it's giving me a real headache. Not sure if Chrismay_at_delta ever submitted the bug report but it is definitely a bug. And no the correct answer is not to check the continue playing button as approved as the correct answer in this post:

Make Captivate play again 

I've tried all the commands outlined in the original post and as commented they do not work. I need a Javascript only solution, no advanced actions or buttons please, they are only present in the example for demonstration. The Javascript pause command works fine, but the same play command does not work. Strangely enough I discovered that if I fire the command from the iframe console the command works, but not from the script window!

Example project 

Know I just have to file a bug report on this and the interactive video issue and cross my fingers for a future release, but just needed to vent a bit as Captivate has given me serious grief because of these bugs. And the Javascript play issue should have been fixed when it was reported years ago.

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Javascript -> play timeline issue

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other people are struggling with this one and it's giving me a real headache. Not sure if Chrismay_at_delta ever submitted the bug report but it is definitely a bug. And no the correct answer is not to check the continue playing button as approved as the correct answer in this post:

Make Captivate play again 

I've tried all the commands outlined in the original post and as commented they do not work. I need a Javascript only solution, no advanced actions or buttons please, they are only present in the example for demonstration. The Javascript pause command works fine, but the same play command does not work. Strangely enough I discovered that if I fire the command from the iframe console the command works, but not from the script window!

Example project 

Know I just have to file a bug report on this and the interactive video issue and cross my fingers for a future release, but just needed to vent a bit as Captivate has given me serious grief because of these bugs. And the Javascript play issue should have been fixed when it was reported years ago.

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0

Have something to add?