Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jaws not reading screen text until I click on slide

Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trying to get Jaws to read my project. Looking for basic advice.

Running CP 2019

Best way to publish - html5 or swf?

Best browser to use?

Best way to test - webserver? LMS? locally? preview in web browser?

Current issue is that jaws will not read my text captions on my slide until I click on the slide. Shouldn't it automatically read the text captions? Especially if there are no interactive objects on a slide?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way to publish - html5 or swf?

I will recommend you to go with HTML5 since most of latest browsers are no longer supporting swf.

Best browser to use?

As long as you will choose to go with HTML5 then you have nothing to worry,your contents will play in almost all popular known browsers available in the market.

Best way to test - webserver? LMS? locally? preview in web browser?

If you are looking on testing SCORM/xAPI/tinyCAN then you will need LMS. You can test in local machine although webserver is always recommended.

Current issue is that jaws will not read my text captions on my slide until I click on the slide. Shouldn't it automatically read the text captions? Especially if there are no interactive objects on a slide?

I will recommend you to make it auto display unless you have interaction in it for that purpose.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text captions are displayed on the screen from the start of the slide. But they are not being read until I click on the slide.​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to be aware that Adobe states their output is really only going to work with screen readers if the browser being used is a Windows browser, which means either IE or Edge.

Read the information for yourself here:

Create accessible projects in Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That means you have pause action somewhere, Just check your timeline or post it here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources