Highlighted

JAWS not reading the output of a captivate variable?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been tasked with testing our Captivate eLearning courses for accessibility using JAWS 2018. In the process of learning JAWS, I noticed that any variable output to the screen is read exactly as it is on the slide, i.e. Slide $$cpInfoCurrentSlide$$ of $$cpInfoSlideCount$$ is read as "page dollar sign dollar sign, cpinfoslidecount dollar sign dollar sign of dollar sign dollar sign cpinfoslidecount dollar sign dollar sign" instead of reading "page 4 of 21"

If anybody has encountered this issue and found a solution, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JAWS not reading the output of a captivate variable?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been tasked with testing our Captivate eLearning courses for accessibility using JAWS 2018. In the process of learning JAWS, I noticed that any variable output to the screen is read exactly as it is on the slide, i.e. Slide $$cpInfoCurrentSlide$$ of $$cpInfoSlideCount$$ is read as "page dollar sign dollar sign, cpinfoslidecount dollar sign dollar sign of dollar sign dollar sign cpinfoslidecount dollar sign dollar sign" instead of reading "page 4 of 21"

If anybody has encountered this issue and found a solution, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to execute this JavaScript on slideEnter of every slide:

document.getElementById( 'current_slideaccStr' ).childNodes[ 0 ].innerHTML = "Page " + window.cpInfoCurrentSlide + " of " + window.cpInfoSlideCount;

The part in bold is the name of the text caption that holds the variable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this script:

setTimeout(function(){
document.getElementById( 'slideNumaccStr' ).childNodes[ 0 ].innerHTML = "Page " + window.cpInfoCurrentSlide + " of " + window.cpInfoSlideCount;},1000)

The part in bold "slideNum" is the name of the text caption your variables is in. Put it on the first slide and display for the rest of project, it won't work id you put it on a master slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0