Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump to bookmark in advanced actions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I have a lot of bookmarks in my Project (on Slides with mp4 or on CPVC Slides,...).

I used option "Jump to bookmark" - everything works perfect.

But wenn I create an advanced action with "Jump to bookmark", the action looks like fine, but after clicking "OK" turned it to "Continue" and of course the action doesn't works.

Thank you for any help!

Lilli 1.png

InkedLilli 2_LI.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want actually jump from bookmark 1 to bookmark 2 and I want at the same time to show another Play button status (thans why I need advanced actions).

Lilli 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which event is triggering that action? I don't understand the sequence, would expect the 'Continue' (Weiter) in that first action to be at the end, not as first command, since you first want to jump to the Bookmark.

When a command switches to Continue, it means something is awry. Are all the names unique? 

You can write in German, which I understand but I will answer in English (make too many grammar faults in German).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke fir Ihre Antwort!

Meine Idee ist: man druckt auf den Button und:

1 Springt zu Bookmark

2 Status von Play Button ändert sich 

3 Das Video läuft weiter (also Aktion "Weiter").

Ich habe die Rheinfolge in der Aktion geändert - hilft nicht.

Ich habe gerade auch die Bookmarks auf anderen Folien ausprobiert  - bei einfache Aktion "jump to bookmark" - funktioniert alles, aber sobald diese Aktion im Fenster Erweiterte Aktionen geschrieben wird - funktioniert nicht und wird zu "Weiter" geändert. 

Ich habe auch die Namen von Bookmarks geprüft - alles korrekt.

Kann ich irgendwo in Captivate eine globale Fehlersuche machen?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Einfach zu Lesezeichen zu springen funktioniert!Einfach zu Lesezeichen zu springen funktioniert!

Auch als erweiterte Aktion "zur Folie springen" funktioniert auch.Auch als erweiterte Aktion "zur Folie springen" funktioniert auch.

Sobald ich auf OK klicke wechselt sich es zu Weiter"."Sobald ich auf OK klicke wechselt sich es zu Weiter"."Ich möchte von andere Folie zu bookmark 1 oder 2 springen (nicht zu Anfang der Folie).Ich möchte von andere Folie zu bookmark 1 oder 2 springen (nicht zu Anfang der Folie).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still trying to understand. You use a bookmark to trigger an advanced action, and there is somewhere another Play button on another slide which needs to get back to the Normal state.  Did you activate 'Retain state when returning to slide' for that Play button? If not, that is not necessary the Normal state is the default state when coming from another slide.

I use always a bookmark menu in an interactive video, drops down when clicked and filled with hyperlinks to the bookmarks. Have a look at this example:

Custom Play/Pause button

Just a coincidence that it is about a Play button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources