• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump to home slide after idle for x minutes

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Captivate 2017 tablet kiosk app for our lobby and would like to reset it to the home page if the presentation is idle for a few minutes.

If folks leave the app before finishing, then it should automatically reset to the beginning for the next user. Otherwise, our staff must monitor and reset the app.

Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't really a default method provided by Captivate to detect inactivity and then invoke a jump to a different slide as a result.  You would probably need to get something custom coded in JavaScript by paying a programmer.

However, if you took out all pausing from the slides so that it just ran from end to end without stopping the timeline, then you could place a jump action at the very end of the final slide that sent it back to Slide 1.  Place a button on slide 1 to stop the timeline there.  At least this way, when the presentation has finished playing it would reset itself.

How long is the presentation supposed to go for anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rod. It's really an assembly of content from several web sources. The app itself resides on AWS and pulls content from Vimeo, Adobe Spark, an custom online evens list, and iContact email registration. So it's very interactive and sequentially playing it would not work. It's good to know I'm not missing something in Captivate. Thanks for that.

I'm using the Chrome Kiosk extension to play it and I noticed Chrome has an Idle Reset extension that jumps to a URL after X seconds of inactivity. That would be perfect, but I cannot get it working.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a follow-up that I found this JS function that does what I need.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources