• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

K-12 teacher needs a way to post Captivate Projects without LMS or having access to Google Cloud.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Captivate to help my students working digitally. I have the software and created my first project but I have no way to publish it so my students can view. I was told to launch from Google cloud but I only have access to google drive. Are there any free options I can use to publish projects to students? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to look into the Amazon S3 option.

As a side note...

Does the school district not have an internet facing area where you could place your projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I looked into Amazon but they charge not only for the upload but per the use when someone loads your files. Trying to find some way to get the basic delivery options to my students and then worry about a long term LMS system to use the grade reporting functions. I just found out the feature that works with Google Cloud was turned off in Google drive which is why that was not working by posting the index.html file to wordpress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is free usage up until a certain point so if you stayed under that each month, it would not cost you anything.

As for WordPress - or any other site for that matter - you'll need to do more than simply post the index.html file.

With WordPress, I believe you'll need to upload a zip folder of all the contents and then unzip them once you have them in the file structure.

There are a number of LMS solutions out there that will provide free accounts to educators but you will need to check out the particulars. Some will limit the number of classes you can host and others the number of students - some will limit both and others will make you keep the classes public which could be a problem, I suspect.

Stagprime_0-1586828369927.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! I am going to contact them today to get an idea what they are offering to educators. I have received so much help during this virus situation including from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any webserver can be used, provided it supports JSON. You can even install a webserver on your system. I am bit astonished there is not even a webserver aroundin your school district.

SCORM Cloud, which is a LMS, also offers to upload for free, but as with Amazon limited in number of courses and users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too teach and just began using Captivate. I upload mine to my free word press website and use an elearning plugin to run my Captivate projects. It's not ideal, but better than nothing. Maybe that work around would work for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What plugin? Ideally free one. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources