Highlighted

Keyboard Functionality Not Working When Publishing as HTML5 only

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2017 with a default playbar configured in the Skin Editor.  We are trying to make our courseware 508 compliant but I'm running into an issue:

While I can tab through a project that has been published to HTML5 or previewed as HTML5, pressing Enter when on a playbar control (rewind, forward, back, mute, any playbar control) does nothing.  The Enter key function is not an issue on a Click Box if a keyboard shortcut is defined; this is only an issue with the playbar.  To add to the mystery, Enter does appear to be work if published as SWF but we have a mandate not to use SWF.

Can anyone help with this incredibly frustrating issue?

Thanks! ~christel

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson, CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

I believe that the default key to activate a highlighted item in your eLearning course is the spacebar.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyboard Functionality Not Working When Publishing as HTML5 only

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2017 with a default playbar configured in the Skin Editor.  We are trying to make our courseware 508 compliant but I'm running into an issue:

While I can tab through a project that has been published to HTML5 or previewed as HTML5, pressing Enter when on a playbar control (rewind, forward, back, mute, any playbar control) does nothing.  The Enter key function is not an issue on a Click Box if a keyboard shortcut is defined; this is only an issue with the playbar.  To add to the mystery, Enter does appear to be work if published as SWF but we have a mandate not to use SWF.

Can anyone help with this incredibly frustrating issue?

Thanks! ~christel

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson, CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

I believe that the default key to activate a highlighted item in your eLearning course is the spacebar.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  I was working with a Captivate "Pro" and he said it was a bug in Captivate.  Just tried it, and, of course, you are absolutely correct!  Thanks for the quick response, Paul!

~christel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group