Knowledge check quiz problem

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

How are you all?

I just have a question if I may...

At the moment, I am building an e-learning module in Captivate.

On slide 5, I have a Knowledge check question just to keep the users on their toes that doesn't contribute

to a final quiz score. This just leads on to a few slides with images and animations etc.

However on slide 15, I have a Quiz that does lead to a final quiz score with 15 random questions and at the end of this,

you can review your answers and use buttons to go back and forth etc.

At the end of doing this, you can use the MENU to go back to the beginning to go through this module again.

However, when I get to the Knowledge check question and click the NEXT button, I go to the Quiz Review section

instead of the next slide (slide 6) which has a diagram!

Now I have set the properties/options on the Knowledge check question slide so that it jumps to slide 6 but when I publish

sometimes I get the same problem, sometimes it works OK!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions for you to have a clear idea. Which version do you use, full version numbers as can be found under Help, About Captivate?

Is this a real Knowledge Check slide, or one you converted to a KC slide by not adding it to the Total score nor reporting?

When you speak about 'MENU' what do you mean? It looks like you are in Review mode? KC slides (if it is a real mode) are not incluced in the normal Review status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is Captivate 2017. As far as I know this is real Knowledge Check slide as I created it by clicking the green PLUS symbol on the top-left side above the word slides and selecting a Knowledge Check slide.

The menu is when you go to skin editor and select TOC and when you publish you see 2 >> on the top-left corner that opens a sliding menu from the left.

Thanks for your swift reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, FULL version number. Look under Help, About Captivate. Most recent version for you is 10.0.1.285.

What are the settings for the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you mean this number:-

??

What settings should I be looking for under the TOC.

If I open it up and select that Knowledge Check slide and do a screen-shot, would that be OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve will likely suggest that the first thing you do is update your version of Captivate with the latest patches.  The version number you have quoted is just the very first one released for Captivate 2017.  Updates released later may have fixed any bugs (if that is the reason why your project is not behaving as expected).

Open Captivate and go to Help > Updates to see if you can download and install the latest update.  (You will need to have Administrator access to do this.)

However, the issue might also be simply the way you have set up the project, or that you don't understand the way that Quiz Review Mode works.

First things first.  Update and republish to test again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, that is what I would have suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Updates option is GREYED OUT so I cannot click it!

I take it that 10.0.0.192 is not the latest version?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Isn't there some kind of workaround?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this My Updates option be clickable if I had Administrator Rights on my PC (which I do not have right now)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you need Administrator rights to install and to update any application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources