Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge Check Skips Video

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried searching for this already to no avail, but here goes:

I have a video(added from computer) in my project and I want to add two knowledge checks.  I've added the KC slides and linked them via the overlay slide option in the videos slide.

Here's the problem, when I preview or compile and upload to my LMS the first KC loads when its supposed to but after I answer it I'm taken to the next KC (should be about 2 minutes apart). Further, when I answer the second KC it takes me to my final quiz, circumventing the rest of the video on the slides.

What I've tried:

A new project with the same video

A new project with a different video

Bookmarks just after each KC and quiz actions to jump to bookmark when correct

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I point to one of my blogs

4 Tips for Interactive Video - Captivate blog

You can watch the video described there from:

Custom Play/Pause

I tried to reproduce your problem, by inserting another KC slide in that interactive video, but everything works as expected.

How did you create the KC slides? You have to be careful not to delete embedded objects on quiz slides. As you can read in the blgo post, I created a dedicated master slide for the KC slides, but from an exact copy of the available master slide. If you want to know what I mean by Embedded objects, have a look at:

Captivate's Quizzes (1): Terminology - eLearning

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning

Just FYI: the action for the KC slide On Success was left at the default 'Continue'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, the one thing I didn't try (and should have) was creating a blank project, rather than duplicating the one I had made and toying around there.

When I made a new project and used the same video, the KC worked as expected - clearly I did something wrong in my first project.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, great lesson learned. Your first project may have become corrupted and the best way is then to create a new project with same resolution and theme, and copy/paste the slides in small bunches to that project. That way you could find the corrupt slides/items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources