• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge Check Slide - Can retry messages be different depending on the attempt?

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a knowledge check MC question in Captivate 9.

It is set to 2 attempts.

I'd like the first incorrect retry message to say You have one more attempt, try again.

If the 2nd and last attempt is also incorrect, I'd like the message to be different and give the learner the answer and a way to advance to the next slide.

My requirements actually ask for the learner to be notified the correct answer after the second attempt, and then click the correct answer. I think this last requirement to click it can be eliminated, but if there is away to incorporate that too, I'm all ears.

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a MCQ with one correct answer or with multiple correct answers?

In the first case you can use the Advanced Answer option.

Anyway you can have a Retry message, which will appear after the first attempt if it is failed. The Failure message will appear after the second, last attempt. Is that not what you want?

Retry.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to achieve this without resorting to Advanced Actions or using the Advanced Answer option.

If you set the number of attempts to 2 (as Lieve suggests) you will then have the option of having 2 Failure Messages. (Three attempts would give you up to 3 failure messages, but that's the limit.)

FailureMessages.png

Just customise the text of the second failure message to give the necessary information to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SInce the first attempt should have a Retry message, I did not propose the two failure messages, thought the Retry message was what OP needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources