• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge Check with Custom Results Slide

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I'm in the process of creating a Knowledge Check Interactive Quiz with a custom result slide. Each question is an overlay slide on a video slide that runs the length of all of the questions with the custom results that is not a overlay slide. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any results on the custom result slide. I'm using Paul Wilson's example(Adobe Captivate Practice Exam with Custom Results Slide) on Youtube. The only difference I see is that he doesn't have the questions(overlay slides) on a video which I suspect is the issue. My custom results slide was created from a blank slide. Since overlay slide types are only 'Knowledge Check Questions', and 'Content", would creating my custom results slide from a content slide type give the results I'm seeking? If anyone have another solution, please elaborate. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive video can indeed have only Knowledge Check slides. Those slides look like the normal quiz slides, use the same master slides, but what you need to create a results slide is a score for the KC slide. Although some quizzing system variables like cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice get a value for KC slides, that is not the case for the scoring quizzing variables. They are not meant to have a score. 

Missing detail in your question: do you need to transfer the score to a LMS or not?

If the answer is NO transfer the solution would be to create a user variable which is incremented with a score after each KC slide answered correctly. Probably a shared action will be the best approach.

If you need to transfer the results to a LMS the situation is more complicated, because it will also depend on the functionality of the LMS to report values of user variables. Many LMSs are limited for that particular feature. In that case you will need JavaScript (or the CpExtra widget) to reach your goal.

More info about KC slides:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

About quizzing system variables:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Creating a custom resuls slide is a breeze... will not point to blogs I wrote about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri. Thanks for the prompt reply.

No, I'm not transfering the score to a LMS.

In Paul Wilson's tutorial, he creates user-variables as counters for correct/incorrect answers so I did the same but did not use shared actons, only advanced actions.

Did not look into the system variable, cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice as a value but I will now.

I thought trying to use a content slide to create results overlay slide might do the trick but haven't tried yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A custom results slide is just like a content slide with inserted text and variables.

Whether you use cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice or another approach in the action is not important, but since you need that action on each KC slide it is just logical to use a shared action instead of duplicate advanced actions. At least I would automatically prefer a shared action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using a content slide and populating it with user-variable for counting for my end-of-quiz reporting then using it as an overlay worked to a degree. I'm getting correct answers and total amount of questions(only counting the correct answers) but not getting the incorrect answers count.

Why I'm not getting incorrect answer count I'm not sure but it seem that the "Execute Advanced Action" at the "Last Attempt" option is not being executed because that is where the incorrect answer is counted. The number of attempts is set to 1, infinite attempts is unchecked, Failure Messages is '1', Last Attempt is set to "Execute Advanced Action", and the script to increment the variable is filled in. The "On Success"(counting correct answers) works so I just duplicated it but just changing to the correct variable. At this point, I'm at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't use the system variable I recommended, which is your choice.  Did you ask the author of your 'video tutorial' for a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding this correctly, if I were to use the system variable 'cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice', all of my correct answers would need to be in the same place in the Knowledge Check multiple choice/one answer format(ex: all the correct answers in each question would be in the first spot(1 or A)) then I could use the same Advance Action for each question instead of creating a Advance Action for each question for this to work. Of course I could have the answers shuffled at each quiz attempt. In the process of giving this a try.

No, I haven't tried contacting author of the 'video tutorial' for a solution yet but I did post my problem on Facebook Adobe Captivate group. Thank you for the help/feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not understanding correctly. If you want a real custom results slide with score, using that variable is necessary. Success with your question elsewhere. Facebook is the only location where I do not participate in helping users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources