• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

language selection and closed captioning

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i'm using adobe captivate 5 and i'm wondering if i can implement language selection for the narration in my presentation and at the same time have closed caption with it.

like, i could choose english for the audio and caption then later choose i.e. german.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you could do this in the same lesson without a lot of fancy AS3 widgetry underneath the hood.  It would not be easy.

Your quickest and easiest way to implement such an idea is simply to have two versions of your course, one with English and the other in German,  Then you have a landing page that offers the learner the option (clickbox or button) to select their preferred language.  Clicking one or the other will branch them to open the relevant lesson.

Where you may encounter problems with this is when you are using an LMS.  If you have both English and German lessons packaged together in the same course, the LMS will think the learner has only completed half of the total lessons.  In that case, you are forced to have two entirely different courses packaged as an English SCORM and a German SCORM.  The user would then be selecting their preferred language in the LMS, not in the Captivate lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard. Has there been any update since you have replied to this question? I am also trying to create a course template in Captivate 2017 to offer multiple languages for closed captioning and I was wondering if it has already been implemented or there is a resource or guideline that I can use.  With many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing significant has changed in Captivate with regard to this functionality.  Creating multiple language versions of your course is still going to require a separate CPTX for each language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources