Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latency issue when going through the content in the LMS

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I'm working with captivate 2019, and at the moment users are experiencing lag on every slide of my content. This is due to the reporting system and how captivate reporting system interacts with the LMS. Is there a way to optimize a captivate file to reduce the latency that the reporter causes?

The LMS that I'm using is Learndash which is a WordPress plugin, and TinCanny owl which is an add-on that allows Learndash to grab data from the xAPI reporter. 

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Quiz > Reporting settings, deselect the checkbox for Interaction Data, and under the Advanced button, make sure Send Data on Every Slide is also deselected.  With xAPI you do not have the additional option that exists with SCORM settings to select a template that only sends data at the end of the quiz.  But if you at least reduce the amount of data being sent per slide, it should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources