• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learner see correct answers & weighting in source code

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are testing Captivate 2019 and create a quiz which we uploaded to the server.

When completing the assessment one of our developers was able to read out the assessment results & correct answers as a learner because they are all store client side.

What are the options to protect that learners are unable to see the data ?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that they ssee the Score slide?  Hide that slide in Captivate before publishing.  It can also be done from the Quiz Preferences, or by deleting the slide (but it will be hidden, which means it doesn't appear in the published movie)£.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No in the source code that reports to the LMS you can see the correct answers. Once you understand how it works you need a minute or so to read it out. If the answers would be on a server in php there would be no such problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the makeup of your target audience.

Since your developers are the ones examining source code to discover the information -

How many of the individuals taking the quiz do you think would even know how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 44000 learners so even we take 1 % it is an issue if they are certified on something where it is not that difficult to cheat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tkwetina

I'm curious. Can you describe in detail which path/method your developer took to read out assessment results & correct answers as a learner ?

What do mean by the source code that reports to the LMS you can see the correct answers. Once you understand how it works you need a minute or so to read it out ? How did the developer (as a learner) do that?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Open the developer's tools in your browser. You can access all the code and innards of a lesson from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are really motivated, and delve into the code, and unminify it, they could find the code to simply send a passing score or a complete to the LMS. That has always been an issue. Captivate does a pretty descent job of obfuscating the code, but it is still there to view.

To my thinking, if someone can spend the time to parse through the code to find the answer or to send the completion code, then they are probably smart enough to either know whatever I am trying to convey, or smart enough that they should know that they need to know the material. Either that or my lessons are WAAAAAAY to long. ðŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that all software that outputs SCORM compliant HTML5 will have the same issue. I don't know of any that work via the server side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources