Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning Interaction Colours

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

New to captivate and struggling a bit with what I am sure is a simple issue.

How do I remove the background of a learning interaction?

I have a slide background I want to see and a learning interaction over the top.  How do I make the cyan colour transparent?

Thanks

Dave

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you are very limited for the control of the layout of the learning interactions. Most need refubishment, don't even offer the possibility to use colors from the Theme Color Palette, which is IMO very bad since I always start any project by creating a Theme, where the first step is that Color Palette.

Alpha is not a part neither of the color palette shown in the Color dialog box for the interactions. From what I see in your screenshot you use a very old one, Accordion.

Only solution: create custom insteraction using advanced/shared actions and variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue,  I also believe the area given for an image is also too small (150x150 pixels).  I want to create an accordion style interaction that will allow me to use a larger image.  

My Issue is that I cannot seem to find any help on how to do this.  I have spent the last 8 hours trying to find out how to create a custom interaction.  I have seen where people will show how to use the variables and the advanced actions for the items that they have created on their screens, but don't talk about how to create these items.  But there are no guidelines ( that I have found) on how to create this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Learning Interactions that you see in Captivate are actually a type of pre-coded HTML5 plugin known as a Widget.  (There are also SWF widgets still shipped with Captivate but nobody should now be publishing to anything other than HTML5 and those SWF widgets are not compatible.)

What Lilybiri was pointing out is that unless the programmers that originally designed and built those Learning Interaction Widgets decided to give you specific options for customization, then you just don't HAVE any such options.

Your alternatives are to either do what most people do and try to create an interaction using Captivate's default objects and Advanced Actions, or else (if you happen to be an expert programmer) create your own custom widgets. 

So are you a programmer?  If not, I don't recommend attempting the second option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources