• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning interactions cannot be displayed

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a learning interaction and published it to the computer. It can be displayed via IE and Microsoft Edge, but only shows blank on Firefox and Chrome. I then published it to github. The github page cannot be displayed via any browser.

Would you help resolve the issue? Thanks! See details below.

Captivate version: 2017 release - 10.0.1.285

Project: Created a blank project from scratch

Learning interaction: Tabs

Publish: to computer, html5, scalable html content

Open local files: Can be displayed on IE, Microsoft Edge, Cannot be displayed (blank content) on Firefox or Chrome

Published to Github: Cannot be displayed for any web browser

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 output is meant to be seen after uploading to a webserver (or a LMS in case of a SCO). Some Learning Interactions (and other functionalities) will not work properly when viewing the published file locally. Did you upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I uploaded the files to github at: https://github.ibm.com/zhangyic/test1 And here is the displayed page: https://pages.github.ibm.com/zhangyic/test1 Would you help see what is the problem? Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the GitHub web server allow JSON files?  If not, you won't get HTML5 content from Captivate working properly.

Might I suggest you turn on SCORM reporting for this project (even if you don't have a quiz) and upload it to SCORM Cloud online LMS to test playback from there.  I know that SCORM Cloud does support JSON and its web servers are definitely compatible with HTML5 content from Captivate.  Not so sure about GitHub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. I set the standard as AICC and it can be displayed via "Preview in SCORM cloud". I think GitHub should allow JSON files, since my simple interactions can be displayed on GitHub, for example: https://pages.github.ibm.com/zhangyic/overview-module1/    It seems just learning interactions cannot be displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any more suggestions on this issue? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publish it and upload to the eLearning community.... is possible and sure that the server it is using allows JSON (is for image display, not for animations). I have used that learning interaction for HTML output without issues, but you need to upload to a proper webserver or LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources