• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning Interactions not appearing in published file

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a Captivate module with multiple learning interactions. The entire module will ultimately be embedded within a PowerPoint slide deck. The learning interactions appear and function correctly when previewing within  Captivate, and when published to SCORM cloud. However, once I embed the file in PowerPoint, the slides with the learning interactions do not appear, while the slides without learning interactions appear and fucntion correctly. Any suggestion on how to move forward? I'm publishing an .SWF file. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the metaphor. You do not embed a Porsche engine in a small cheap

car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it not possible to embed a file with learning interactions in PowerPoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PPT is a presentation tool, interactivity is not so important since it will be used by a presenter. Captivate can be used a presentation tool as well (I do) but has a lot more features because it is an eLearning authoring tool. Why would you want to use those features in the much less powerful PPT?

Publishing a Captivate file to HTML5 results in a rather complicated folder, which should be uploaded to a webserver or a LMS (if reporting is turned on), just like a website. On a webserver it will be launched from the index.html file. You could embed the URL in PPT, but not the folder itsefl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources