Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link 'false answer box' in Captivate Quiz with another slide

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I'm currently working for the languages department at my Uni. We'd like to create a Captivate programme which allows students to read about basic linguistic topics as well as to complete a quiz.

I am sorry if I chose the wrong words for what I am trying to explain, I have set our Captivate to German.

When clicking on a false answer in a quiz, I have activated theses boxes that appear to say that the chosen answer is false. Now, I'd like to make that box clickable so that it reads something like that:

False answer - Click here to get to the information part again

So that the 'false answer box' links to a certain slide which explains the grammatical feature tested. I couldn't find any option on how to make the false box clickable!

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have written in German, but I would have answered in English anyway.

That 'fasle box' is a feedback message, which is not clickable since it is a non-interactive object which is even linked and embedded in the quizzing master slides.

However I suspect you are looking for a remeidation feature?  It is built in Captivate since many versions, have a look at this old YouTube video:

Remediation in Quizzing -AdobeCaptivate 6 - YouTube

This remediation feature will get the user back to the quiz slide after visiting the remediation content slide. Make sure to enable Backwards movement in Quiz Preferences. Drawaback is that the learner will have to answer correctly before being able to move on to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri is correct that technically-speaking the feedback messages in normal quiz slides are not clickable. 

But in reality, you don't need to make them clickable, because once the feedback messages appear a click by the user anywhere on the screen will invoke whatever action you have set for the Success or ON Last Attempt events.  You could have the text on the feedback message tell the user: "Click here to see the explanation again"  and the learner would probably click the feedback caption unaware of the fact that clicking anywhere else on the slide would have given the same result.

Using the Remediation feature and the Return to Quiz option that Captivate has is certainly one way to give useful feedback for the learner.  But it actually requires that all of the information the learner might need in order to attempt the question again should be on one single slide.  That might not be the way you have set up your content.  Your question might actually need the learner to review an entire group of slides before attempting the question again.

You also need to remember that with normal quiz questions, once you get the answer incorrect, you cannot reattempt the question until you reach the Quiz Results slide and click the Retake Quiz button to have the quiz score reset to zero again.

If so, then the standard remediation approach would not be suitable, but you could still build something that worked in a similar way using Knowledge Check Questions, Variables and Conditional Advanced Actions.  It all depends on your specific objectives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Rod, but I have used the remediation feature (using advanced actions) when more than one content slide was needed, for a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You used the Return to Quiz action from a different slide than the one the Quiz Question jumped back to?  Or do you mean you set up something (using Advanced Actions) that worked in a similar way to the standard remediation?  I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources