• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to external URL from knowledge check

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a knowledge check slide and I want to add a button on it that takes the user to an external URL. I don't want it to be compulsory - I just want there to be a "Learn more" button that directs the learner to external content. I tried to insert a widget button but apparently it's not supported in HTML5 format. Is there another way to add such a button on a knowledge check?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

You can create smartshape and type text in it then you can convert smartshape as a button. It will work as a button.

Secondly you don't need to create any button if you want external link to be opened while clicked. You have to add the hyperlink over the text that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create smartshape and type text in it then you can convert smartshape as a button. It will work as a button.

Secondly you don't need to create any button if you want external link to be opened while clicked. You have to add the hyperlink over the text that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's that simple?? Silly me! Thank you so much....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't answer because I was very confused about the version you are using. Widgets are not supported for HTML output, and SWF output is really dying sooner than you may expect.

The Button widget was useful before CP6. I wrote this blog post many years ago:

Using the button widget: some ideas - Captivate blog

Shapes, which could be converted to buttons appeared with CP6, 7 years ago. They are the only intractive objects which can be used on master slides, quiz slides, score slide and timed for the rest of the project.

Buttons on Question/Score Slides in Captivate 6? - Captivate blog

Knowledg Check Slides appeared much later:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources