Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking the Quiz Submit button to flipcard layout

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to link the 3 Submit buttons to 3 flip cards on some other frame. The flip card should show the conclusions on the basis of the selected answers on the quiz frames.

How can I link those Submit buttons to get the answer type?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can please clarify?  If you are talking about a quiz slide, why do you say '3 Submit buttons' because a quiz slide has only one Submit button? 

Tweaking quiz slides is possible but you have to understand fully and respect all inBuilt functionality. That means you have to free up space for the (hidden) flipcards.

You also didn't mention which type of Quiz slides. Only the MCQ type with one correct answer allows Advanced Answer options, including an 'action' for each answer. 

Do you need to transfer the score to a LMS, this is very important as well.

It may be easier to use a custom quiz slide. But for both tweaking a default quiz slide and a custom quiz slide you need to be familiar with Advanced/Shared actions.

Last question: which version do you use on which OS? Full version number, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 on Windows server 2016.

I have created three MCQs with two options each. I want to add a frame for reviewing the answers at the end of all the three MCQs. The review answer frame will have three flip cards with three states, Normal, Correct_answer, Incorrect_answer. Now, I want if the user had selected the correct answer for MCQ 1, then on clicking the first flip card it should display the state - Correct and likewise. Similarly, for all the cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer all my questions, and you'll get some more now:

• If you have only two options, why make it so complicated with a multistate object? You can simply use the feedback messages for your message? Is it so important that they need to click an invisble Flipcard state? It will take you a lot of work, but the information is completely the same as with the embedded feedback messages.  See an example of rearranging the embedded objects on a quiz slide in this blog:
    http://blog.lilybiri.com/mcq-slides-with-images-back-to-basics

• If you insist on the Flipcards, you'll need to take out all feedback messages in order to release the playhead. If you are on 11.5 you can make the image in the Normal state to become a button, and give it a pausing point which is later than the default pausing point of a quiz slide, at 1.5secs since that one will be overridden when you take out the feedback messages.

• The FULL version number is under Help, About Captivate. CP2019 had 5 releases with different numbers. From what I wrote above this is important for the Flipcards.
  •  
  • Do you need to transfer the score to a LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• No, I don't want to submit the score to the LMS. 
  • Captivate 2019 Release 11.5.1.499
  • I wanted to have all the answers to be reviewed after completing the quiz. So wants Flipcard option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about the Review feature? What you want seems to direct feedback on the slide, not after having finished the quiz. I explained how to do so in my previous answer. All embedded objects on a quiz slide are above any custom object, so you need to create space for the custom objects (flipcard). That can be done partially on the master slide as explained in the blog I gave ou a link.

The Submit tweaking in this blog will explain how to take out the feedback messages, and the need for a new pausing point. 

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-4-submit-process/

You can find a flipcard example in the Alliance Quick start project. It has some limitations, which I explained in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-and-tricks-advanced-to-shared-action-intermediate

That blog explains more in depth, what I presented in 'Deep dive into Captivate, Shared and Advanced actions) at the recent  Adobe elearning World congress. The recordings are still available in the eLearning community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources