• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LMS not Completing but appears to be in Scorm Cloud??

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am a complete novice when it comes to Captivate as I am awaiting further training but we’re having a problem with one of our products not reporting the pass to our LMS (CrowdWisdom) and I’ve been tasked with trying to do some digging!

Having checked through the community forum someone suggested uploading the file to SCORM Cloud to see the completion works on there first and then you can assume that the issue is on the LMS side.

Having done that, attached is what I get on SCORM Cloud having tested it myself as a learner.

It seems to have been marked as complete - not sure what the “success unknown” means?

Is there any reporting that I can look at in SCORM Cloud to see where our LMS may be going wrong?

If not, then is there anything obvious I can check in the Captivate File?

Thanks in advance

Stacey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If SCORM Cloud was able to mark your SCORM package as Complete when the learner reached the end and fulfilled your completion criteria then that pretty much proves the issue is with your own LMS.  This is a very common result and the onus is really on the technical staff working for your LMS to explain WHY their LMS is not handling the SCORM in the same way.

Can you please take a screenshot of your Quiz > Reporting screen settings and insert that here as an image (not as an atttachment).  We may be able to suggest something to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ever so much for your prompt response, Rod.

Here are the screenshots of the quiz reporting settings we have in the source file.

Thanks again

Stacey

Quiz Settings - Pic 1.pngQuiz Settings - Pic 2.pngQuiz Settings - Pic 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try setting the Status Representation to Pass / Fail instead of Complete / Incomplete.  But in theory that shouldn't make any difference to a truly SCORM-compliant LMS.

I am assuming that you have at least some scored quiz questions in this module, yes?  If not, try adding one quiz question set to report a score to the quiz and then test again in your LMS.  Some LMSs seem to work better when there are scored quiz components rather than just relying on slide completions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the “Status Representation” tip, Rod – I will try that and see what happens.
Re the scored questions, I’m pretty sure we do - does the screenshot below answer that question?

Quiz Interactions Adobe Forum.png
Thanks again
Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot of the Advanced Interaction dialog does indicate that you have quite a few scored question slidse in the project and they are all set to report to the quiz.

When you tested your project in SCORM Cloud it should have been able to give you a report as to the total number of quiz questions and the score (points or percentage) achieved.

If your LMS is still not reporting completion even though SCORM Cloud does (for the same SCORM package) then you need to take this evidence to your LMS people and beat them over the head with it until you have their attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rod. Yes, I can see from SCORM Cloud that it’s clearly been marked as complete and passed and that I have 100%. I can also see from the detail where the course has been accruing the points and where it has changed from a “fail” to a “pass” when it’s achieved over 80%.......................Right, off to get my large club to beat our LMS team up lol 😉 ..... Thanks again.
SCORM Cloud Results 2.pngSCORM Cloud Results.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources