LMS Publish Settings

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I frequently publish SCORM packages for the learning management systems Canvas, Blackboard, Populi, and Moodle. Since I don't personally have access to these LMS, what are the proper publish quiz settings for each?

So far, for Canvas and Blackboard (it's my understanding that they're the same settings?) I use the 'Other Standard LMSs' option from the LMS dropdown in the Quiz Reporting. I then use the Standard 'SCORM 1.2'.

For Populi, I leave it on 'Other Standard LMSs' but change the Standard to 'xAPI'.

For Moodle, I select 'Moodle' from the LMS option and use 'SCORM 1.2' from the Standard dropdown.

So far I've had no complaints but I wanted to verify these settings and unfortunately could not find much information when I did my own research. Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for one LMS where you use xAPI, you always use the older but stable SCORM 1.2. Recently I had to advice some clients to switch to SCORM2004 because the amount of information to be transferred to the LMS was too big for 1.2. Just a tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response! That's certainly helpful to know that we have the option to switch for xAPI!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We publish to Blackboard using 1.2 and 2004 and it works perfectly.

Publishing to Canvas we generally use 1.2, but 2004 works also.

Don't use the other 2, but Moddle uses 1.2 with some 2004 features.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
chelseyc77996007 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Glad to hear we're using similar settings. I hadn't had any feedback from users so was assuming our settings were correct, however it's always nice to get some confirmation!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines