• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

loading message and grey out on slides with MP4

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with a mixture of interaction slides and video slides. There are 10 video slides containing 1024 x 642  MP4's with audio, none of which are over 4mb. The project is loaded into an LMS but reporting is disabled (not required for this project) however some users are seeing the captivate LOADING message with the 4 boxes appearing before and during some slides. The slide video with audio continue to play in the background, the loading message appears and the MP4 and interface are greyed out (semi-opaque). I have tried with preloading set to 100%, set to 10% and disabled but the loading message still appears. Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome, only IE11. User upload and download speeds are in excess of 30Mbps, ping less than 10ms

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd approach this with some audience analysis, and see if I could pull a report on the users that have accessed the course.

I'd try to determine their location, OS, and browser settings to see if there are trends for who is seeing what symptoms.

Your comments:

"Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome, only IE11. User upload and download speeds are in excess of 30Mbps, ping less than 10ms"

This makes me wonder if you're users are in a single location, read: on the same network, or if some are accessing content remotely.

You'll also want to pinpoint the OS and browser to troubleshoot effectively.

Oh, and you said it's loaded into an LMS but reporting is off, you should check the support forum of the LMS to see if others have experienced these symptoms.  I.E., is it an 'authoring' problem or a 'hosting' problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's two years since you posted this question.  I am experiencing the same issue - using Captivate 2019. Did you ever get a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We also still experience this problem and have no solution. We no longer use Captivate for any content that requires video because of this, we use Storyline instead.

Don't expect Adobe to fix this anytime soon, I see many issues that have been around for years that haven't been addressed. They seem to be more interested in adding new features than fixing bugs/issues.

Captivate HTML5 output with video stalls with IE11

Grey loading screen IE 11- Captivate 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources