Highlighted

Loading video stuck at 50%

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is acting very unstable when I try to insert an MP4 video (from my computer) onto a slide. I either get a completely black screen, or a progress box immediately shows 50% and stays there.  I've tried running the file through Adobe Media Encoder - set to H264. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Loading video stuck at 50%

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is acting very unstable when I try to insert an MP4 video (from my computer) onto a slide. I either get a completely black screen, or a progress box immediately shows 50% and stays there.  I've tried running the file through Adobe Media Encoder - set to H264. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the video (in megabytes)?

Have you tried inserting another small MP4 (less than 10-20 megabytes) to test whether it is the video itself that is the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I am having the same problem. It doesn't matter the size of video I am trying to import, it won't go past 50%. I have tried a smaller video at 17mb with no luck. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you try re-encoding the video using the Adobe Media Encoder tool that ships with Captivate.  Perhaps the video is missing some meta data that Captivate needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Media Encoder gave me no help. I import the MP4 file into my queue, then click the green play button. Nothing happens. The 'elapsed' timer doesn't leave zero, the status bar doesn't change, and the time remaining shows no time. Attached is a screen shot. Encoder Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group