I would like to change runtime dialog box title in Captivate 7. I have found files that may be responsible for this, but I can't make it work.
According to this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3047422#3047422
the files are located in instalation folder -> language folder (e.g. en_US).
On top of what is in the Captivate 5 (in previously mentioned thread), there are also xml a txt files:
which would suggest that Captivate developers would acctually allow us to change these captions.
But when I change either strings.txt or strings.xml or both, captions in Captivate don't change. It seems that Captivate draws captions from strings.zdct file that I don't know how to modify.
I thougth that restarting Captivate would help and new file strings.zdct would be created. I was wrong. It wasn't.
Does someone know whether is possible to change runtime dialog titles in Captivate 7?
Are you talking about the Runtime dialog that is also in the Object Styles?
Maybe? But I do not want to change a style.
For example - in a quiz, when you click submit all button, a dialog box pops up. I can change the text under the line, but I can't find a way to change the text above the line (like 'Submit All' in the picture).
Or have I overlooked something?
No, you didn't overlook something, but you didn't specify what you wanted to change. Must confess that I didn't go to the other, thread, probably was in there as well.
Submit All can be localized on the button, but I have been looking everywhere how to change it in that dialog, have been searching in those files as well. Please, enter a feature request to allow localisation of those dialog boxes: http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html
Sorry, next time I'll try to be more specific.
I have submitted a feature request as you suggested and I hope they'll consider it reasonable enough.
Thanks for your help
I have finally found out how to do this.
If you want to modify specific labels that you can't modify through Captivate, you can do this with the file strings.txt, that is located in Adobe Captivate instalation folder -> language folder (e.g. en_US):
1. Open file
2. Modify whatever label you want
4. Rename to strings.zdct
5. Replace original strings.zdct file
6. Restart Captivate
I suggest you backup original strings.txt and strings.zdct files - just in case.
@el_enka Thanks for posting, will try it out. I had already tried that file, but it is like with the dll you need to localise the tooltips for playbar and labels in the TOC, it is a lot of work, and each time you change language you have to put the proper files in place. It shouldn't be that hard IMO.
To anybody in 2019 still having this issue, this totally works and thanks to @el_enka for pointing this out.