• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Localizing the 'y' in the quiz message 'Correct - Click anywhere or press 'y' to continue'

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the letter 'y' to a different letter for a translated project? I have a German course and would like to use 'j' for 'Ja'. I assume the Y stands for Yes, but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks - Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Guten Tag, Martin!

Localisation can be painful, I know. I never could find a way to replace the Y. My approach is to take out that part of the message (in Quiz Prefernces, Default Labels) and just keep 'Click the slide' in your tongue. Te result is the same....

Being Flemish I have to use the English version. You now confirm that even in other language versions of Captivate the shortcut for the big click box in the second part of the Submit process, was not translated.

I have been writing a sequen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear: I know how to create a translated string, but when I press Y in the localized version, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag, Martin!

Localisation can be painful, I know. I never could find a way to replace the Y. My approach is to take out that part of the message (in Quiz Prefernces, Default Labels) and just keep 'Click the slide' in your tongue. Te result is the same....

Being Flemish I have to use the English version. You now confirm that even in other language versions of Captivate the shortcut for the big click box in the second part of the Submit process, was not translated.

I have been writing a sequence of blogs on the eLearning portal about Quizzes, now busy with some tweaking tips. Maybe you could find some inspiration?

1. Terminology
  2. Submit Process
  3. Attempts and Scores
  4. Preferences
  5. Master Slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. I will remove the 'y' as you suggested. I am using the US version, not the German version. I have to say that the localization work flow using xliff export is pretty nice. Just wish Adobe used the correct language encoding that works with the  common translation memory tools.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log the issue as a bug.  They may not be aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, I have logged most problems with localisation, but non-English users are very low on the priority list. Focus is almost exclusively on English speaking users for everything: they have a, eLearning community, they have conferences, they have certifications etc... Europe is like the Sahara in my website for Captivate. I hope Australia as English speaking country is better served. There will be visits to Europe for CC by marketing, but they go to..... London which iw soon imore inaccessible for continent Europeans than the USA and other countries, due to the Brexit.

Sorry for that long complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes...Brexit.  I'm sitting here in London at the moment and the news is full of nothing else.

I very much doubt Australia will get better service.  We're only a very small market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources