• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Location of downloaded elearning assets

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find the downloaded eLearning assets files. I am using Windows 10. I have a folder called Adobe eLearning Assets, but it does not have a Sample Projects folder and does not contain anything I've downloaded. I have searched all over my computer, but have not found a "Sample Projects" folder anywhere associated with Adobe or Captivate. I can download assets, but it doesn't show the path so I don't know where they are going.

TOPICS
Download assets , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Thanks! I have Captivate 9. The problem was that I couldn't find the "Sample Projects" folder anywhere. I couldn't even find User > Public...

Windows Explorer had it hidden! What finally worked was that I downloaded a file and took a screen capture with the file name as it was downloading. Then I searched the system for that exact file name. Only then did the correct folders appear. I guess Microsoft thought I wouldn't need to see those folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer might be here, it's from a blog on our site:

The template and asset files are downloaded to various locations on your PC. See below for a list of locations.

Cut-out Characters (.png files) are located in the main Captivate ribbon via the Media/Characters buttons. If you download additional characters, they are found in the Assets folder.

Games, Layouts, Interactions, Scenarios, Navigation Players (.cptx files) are downloaded to your Sample Projects folder. You have to locate them in this folder, double-click to open them in Captivate, or you can cut/paste to a different location. According to the instructions in the How to use this template link, Window users will need to look in the Elearning Assets/SampleProjects folder. If you’re using a Mac, you’ll need to search the My Adobe Captivate Projects/SampleProjects folder. Note: This directory path was not true for me. My files were located in c: users\public\public documents\adobe\eLearning Assets\Sample Projects folder. If the paths provided by Adobe/eLearning Bros aren’t accurate for you, you can do a global search for *.cptx files on your computer.

Themes (.cptm files) can be found by going to the main Captivate ribbon and clicking on the Themes button. Your downloaded themes are in the list.

Other file types (.ppt, .zip, .ttf, etc.) including any assets that are not characters, .cptx or .cptm files, are downloaded to your Others folder. Access them from there. Windows – Elearning Assets / Others folder. Mac – My Adobe Captivate Projects / Others folder. Again, these may not be the correct paths for you so you may have to search elsewhere if you can’t locate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It somewhat depends what version of Captivate you are using. Here's the latest information from a blog on the community portal:

How To Quickly Access Captivate Templates from eLearning Brothers | eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I have Captivate 9. The problem was that I couldn't find the "Sample Projects" folder anywhere. I couldn't even find User > Public...

Windows Explorer had it hidden! What finally worked was that I downloaded a file and took a screen capture with the file name as it was downloading. Then I searched the system for that exact file name. Only then did the correct folders appear. I guess Microsoft thought I wouldn't need to see those folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found the sample projects folder, but is there any way to see the preview of the files before opening them - like you do when you open the media /  assets window within Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sample project files are much more complicatred than simple images. Preview is only possible from within Captivate, which means you have to open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources