• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looping a video not working

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to loop a video, but when I publish it is not looping.  I am on captivate 11.5.5.676.   I followed the directions I found, the time is the time for the video, 4.2 sec.

lamely_0-1612451409987.png

lamely_1-1612451482093.png

I set it up as an event video.  It is my personal video.  I shot it on my iphone, converted it to a MP4 and added it to a slide.  The video plays great, it just will not loop for the length of the slide.  I looked through the discussions, but they are either for older versions or showed me these instructions.  What am I doing wrong?

lamely_2-1612451596049.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

It will loop if you display the video for the length of the slide. But it will stop when it reaches the end of the slide.

The only way I know to get one to loop indepent of the timeline is to create an html page with the video, zip it up and insert as an html5 animation.

Here is the html code I use for a video that loops.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title></title>
<style>
html, body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}
</style>
<script>

function getVideo()
{
var vid = document.get

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will loop if you display the video for the length of the slide. But it will stop when it reaches the end of the slide.

The only way I know to get one to loop indepent of the timeline is to create an html page with the video, zip it up and insert as an html5 animation.

Here is the html code I use for a video that loops.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title></title>
<style>
html, body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}
</style>
<script>

function getVideo()
{
var vid = document.getElementById( 'myVideo' );
vid.play();
}

</script>
</head>

<body onload="getVideo();">
<video id="myVideo" src="loop.mp4" loop preload="none" width="1024" height="768"></video>
</body>

</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that worked.   The instructions I found on the internet said to make sure to keep it to the length of the video not the slide, so I did not try it.  Makes sense.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources