• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looping a video

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you loop a video?  I created an event video.   Changed the timing to specific time with the time equal to the length of the video.  I checked automatic rewind and checked loop.   It does not loop.  These are what I found on the internet.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try naming the slide - "VideoSlide" for example. Then set up an action for on Exit and have it JUMP to  "VideoSlide" or whatever you name it. this should work...  I know it definintely works with a slide video, with "modify slide to accomodate video". But pretty sure it should work with an event video as well. It might need to start on frame 2, so it reloads, and replays.

Hope this helps.

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mark, there is a BIG difference between event video and slide video, which you may ignore.

Event video plays independently from Captivate's control, has its dedicated control panel to play, pause.... You cannot influence such a video the way you explained for slide video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this message help anyone? Or does making people appear wrong make you feel better? 

Perhaps you can focus more on HELPING, bashing doesn't help anyone.  

The looping slide video is attached in this thread for your review. No need to comment

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lamely,

Here is an example I created for you, to loop a video using Slide Video.

I placed the video on Slide 1, and I tried creating an Advanced action to loop it back to itself - but Captivate seemed to ignore the action. So I  took a screen shot of the LAST frame in the video, and placed it on a 2nd slide, then I set the timing of that 2nd slide to the minimum "0.1", and set the On Exit Action to "Jump to Slide 1" so the video plays again (loops).

I also placed a button on the 1st and 2nd frames in the same spot and UNCHECKED the Pause check-box, so the Slides 1 and 2 and the video will loop until the user Clicks the button, which then takes them to Slide 3.

I have attached the file so you can see exactly how it was done.

I was not able to upload it (too large) but I shared a link so you can download it from my Creative Cloud.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/2525f16e-4259-4589-574c-ee7a4e2bf24d

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources