• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of Play Button when viewing on Google Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem publishing locally and viewing and interacting with the published Captivate 2019 project. 

But when I try copying and pasting it via File Manager to WP site, the Play Button is missing and I cannot navigate past first screen.

http://changemgr.com/gen/index.html

The border still shows but there is no Play button and no way to get into the interactivity. Please help.

BTW same experience in IE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

The problem is solved... it was the WordPress file manager plugin. When I used CPanel to upload the folder as a zipped folder and extracted the contents, it worked fine. Visit changemgr.com and you will see a link to a button "View the Cool Interactive Tool."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that I receive the same results on IE.

the URL is http://changemgr.com/gen/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange. I have published  recently several examples, and the play button was never missing, unless I replaced the Play icon in HTMLImages by an empty one. 

Here is ane xample published two days ago:

GradedSurvey

Which version ae you using? Check the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Which Chrome vesion? On WIn or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I force navigate using the console - I can see that there is more going on than meets the eye.

Looks like some things are off the stage. ( I had to drastically resize my window to see them) The text entry box is out of view along with some other items.) Hard to tell the root cause without knowing more. I tried to enter my name and the submit button did not seem to work but it did let me advance if I entered my name and pressed the Enter button on my keyboard.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so ,much for the response.

I believe that the fact that the HTML works fine when I bring it up locally using the same Google Chrome browser means that possibly there is a problem with the File Manager I am using to paste into my WordPress folder structure. Going to try using another plug in file manager and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved... it was the WordPress file manager plugin. When I used CPanel to upload the folder as a zipped folder and extracted the contents, it worked fine. Visit changemgr.com and you will see a link to a button "View the Cool Interactive Tool."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources