Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low-cost VR Headset and 360 Camera for Captivate projects

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to recommend a cheap VR Headset and 360 Camera that works well with Captivate?

Thanks in advance

Bobby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that link posted in another post here and it has some good ideas for cameras, but what about any experiences with captivate? also what about a good VR headset... ?

https://360rumors.com/360-camera-comparison-tool/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Theta V camera, maybe not the best but very affordable and works nicely with Captivate.

As for the goggles, at this moment the very cheap ones where you have to insert a smartphone are supported best. In the forums I see that better ones like Oculus, Vive... cause more problems but have no personal experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve

that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby,

regarding VR headsets: Be careful with Oculus Quest or HTC Vive Standalone headsets. Apparantly there's a problem with hotspots. See this thread: Hotspots in VR project not working with Oculus Quest.

Because you are anyway looking for a cheap solution, smart phone based headsets like Samsung Gear or Google Daydream seem to be your best bet.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Klaus.

I also saw similar experiences share in a very good video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMmgRa6JR5A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I watched that video as well, and it is really good.  That is also my conclusion so far, great to use in browser, not so great for quality goggles (which I cannot afford).

What is missing in the review is the use of the Timeline, and the use of 360 Video, where the timeline use is crucial, and not always that intuitive. I tried to explore (but never with a headset):

http://blog.lilybiri.com/timeline-for-360-slides-static-slash-video

This was still for an older version, not yet possible to play a video from a hotspot, nor to edit the colors of the SVGs used as hotspot markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources