• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low quality images and objects.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using screenshots (PNG) in Captivate and they are really poor. I've done math and adjusted my monitor resolution, still no love in the quality.
I'm digging deep. 

Now, what is really puzzling is the Captivate shapes are pixelated really bad as well. I know Captivate is a bit-mapped app, but this is a big hint that something else my be happening that I'm not aware of.

Can anyone offer any support as to something I'm missing?

I'm using a MacBook Pro w/ Built in Retina Display, LG UltraFine extended monitor, I'm on Mojave OS, and I'm using Captivate 2019.

Thanks in advance.

Alonzo

Here is an image clip ... See the poor quality of circle and poor resolution of the image?

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 10.27.22 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

When you publish to normal (non-responsive) HTML5 those Smart Shapes get converted into PNGs.  You could try increasing the slide quality to High if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish to normal (non-responsive) HTML5 those Smart Shapes get converted into PNGs.  You could try increasing the slide quality to High if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for a Responsive design? Do the images still get converted into PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily.  If building responsive you should try to maximise use of Smart Shapes because these will often be maintained as vectors in the output.

If you want to try out Responsive, I recommend you go with Fluid Boxes rather than Breakpoint. 

Do some testing and see if that gives the results you like better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have the Publishing Settings set to custom which include most of the High attributes, but I'll just move forward with the preset High setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RodWard

So, we are experiencing the exact opposite. A blank non responsive design in Capt 2019 is giving us better quality of images (Smart Shapes included) than Responsive design. That image of the 1 and the 2 are smart shapes in a responsiveo design published to HTML5. So weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources